Considering purchasing a home in a gated community? Read below to find out if this is the right move for you!
• Added Security – Along with the community being completely gated off, many gated communities are also monitored 24/7 by a security guard.
• Amenities – Gated communities often offer resort-style amenities like pools, parks & other community areas.
• Limited Traffic – Traffic won’t be as big of an issue since only residents and guests of residents are permitted to enter – this is great for families with children or people who just value their privacy!
• Rules and Restrictions – There are usually strict HOA’s rules in gated communities that help homeowners maintain your home’s value. If the surrounding areas and homes are well maintained, your home value can actually increase when you sell one day.
• HOA Fees – You have to pay a monthly fee to get all the great amenities listed above!
• Wait Times – Getting held up at the gate attempting to enter the community can often leave you sitting for minutes at a time.
• Rules and Restrictions – If you don’t want someone telling you the minimum requirements of how to keep your home maintained on the exterior, then a gated community is probably not for you!
What questions do you have about buying a home in a gated/non-gated community?!