While the last couple of decades have trended toward hardwood and laminate floors in 2020, we have seen a lot of carpet in interior design. Typically, we see this in bed and bonus rooms because we are so close to the coast, but throughout the states, we see a trend of wall-to-wall carpeting. With bold designs and colors that have modernized an old standby, carpet has taken center stage. Whether you have wall-to-wall carpet or just a few rooms, keeping carpet clean and stain-free is always desirable.
Of course, you can always call in a professional carpet cleaner, but it’s not that scary to tackle carpet dirt and stains on your own. You can save on professional cleaning services with these do-it-yourself carpet cleaning hacks.
1. Try a Lint Roller – Pet hair, dirt, crumbs, or other tiny particles can be pulled from the carpet with the trusted old lint roller.
2. Blot, Don’t Rub – Carefully and gently blot stains with your cleaning solution to keep them from spreading and soaking deeper into the fiber.
3. Deep Clean with DIY Cleaning Solutions – White vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, dish soap, and more can be used to safely and cost-effectively clean your carpet. If it calls to be mixed with water used distilled. Using water from your facet may leave a water ring.
4. Bring the Heat – Carefully heating a stain with a blow dryer will help loosen the stain and make removal easier.
5. Shaving Cream – This budget-friendly solution is an excellent cleaning solution for small spaces and leaves carpet fresh and clean.
6. DIY Deodorizer – Keep carpets smelling clean by mixing Borax, baking soda, and a few drops of essential oil; sprinkle and vacuum after a few minutes. Whatever your opinion about carpet, it’s here to stay. Keep yours clean and long-lasting by using these carpet cleaning hacks in your home.