5 Nursery Design Trends for the Modern Home
One of the most exciting parts of expecting a baby is decorating the nursery. Today’s young parents are shunning the traditional pink and blue for more contemporary styles that blend with the rest of the home. There are options for all styles and budgets, with themes ranging from boho to Mid-Century Modern.
5 Nursery Design Trends to Try in 2022
- Sophisticated Colors – The nursery should blend with the style of the home. Gone are the jarring pastels that graced former baby rooms.
- Multi-Purpose Furniture – Even if space is not a concern, multi-function furniture prevents a cluttered look. Daybeds or sofa beds can provide for guests as well as offer seating.
- Accent Walls – An accent wall makes a grand statement, especially in a small space. With stick-on products that range from bold patterns to subtle textures, even renters can use this design tip.
- Personalize – A simple frame turns a handprint into a masterpiece. Add personal touches such as family pictures, framed keepsakes, or greeting cards.
- Natural Elements – Natural fibers and themes have made their way into the nursery. Wicker, rattan, natural cotton, or wool; are natural materials that keep babies comfortable and trendy, from the patterns to the fibers.
Baby nurseries are part of the home. Contemporary parents are looking for new ways to decorate that complement, not compete, with the rest of the home.